Monday, February 06, 2006

1/23/2006

This is the fourth part in my Guatemalan series. Click here for parts 1, 2 and 3.

The thought just occurred to me: what a miracle it is I was made. Seeing these people in the high mountains of Guatemala (who must look similar to the countless generations who came before them in this very place), I'm compelled to wonder at my own ancestral wanderings - the seemingly happenstance diversity I must exhibit in my foreign countenance.

View from the toilet at 6000 feet
This was the view from the bathroom at the top of the mountain.
Interpreter Carmen and baby
Carmen (interpreter) and baby.
Cute kids



--

To rinse: "enjuage"
A word I thought was important to know, but never made itself useful.


--

I spent the morning hauling and disposing of human dental detritus.


Next time: I'm pulling teeth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home