Thursday, January 05, 2006

Rose Bowl

Wow. That was one of the most intense, exciting games I have ever seen. Mr. Royal, too, apparently:
An 81-year-old football lifer who thought he'd seen it all stood outside the Rose Bowl, slowly running his hand through a full head of gray hair and staring into the night sky. "Amazing," Darrell Royal said quietly. "There's just no other word for it. Amazing."
I had the exceptional fortune of being on campus and downtown in Austin last night after the game. It was exuberance en masse. I vaguely recall running down the drag with Nick, horns flying in the air, high-fiving everyone I passed. The streets were flooded with people celebrating or lined up to buy a piece of Longhorn memorabilia. I "woo!"ed so much I lost my voice. I took a bunch of pictures, but they turned out very dark. But check out Mack Brown over there. Hook 'em!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home