Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Forugh Farrokhzad, 1935-1967

"I will greet the sun again; I will greet the streams that flowed in me, the clouds that floated as my thoughts, the poplars trees that grew in my arid years, the flocks of crows which brought me as a gift the earthy scents of midnight fields; I will greet again my mother (who lived in the mirror and was the image of my old age); I will greet again the earth whose fertile womb contains the seeds of passion to return me to life. I will come, I will return I will come again and this time my hair will smell of the soil; and my eyes will be filled with the knowledge of the darkness; I will come again carrying the branches I have gathered in the woodlands behind the wall. I will come, I will return, I will come again, and the entrance will be filled once more with love; as I will greet all those who are in bloom and the child who stands in the doorway lit up by all that love. " -Forugh Farrokhzad [warning: flash intro with sound] (Translation courtesy of http://antolak.myblogsite.com/blog/_archives/2005/9/23/1251431.html)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home